now browsing by category
Honest Housewife here!
I belong to quite a few Facebook groups about online marketing, internet marketing, etc. I was just on my news feed this morning and great day! There are STILL so many people advertising clearly scam programs. I saw a few about “Send a Text and make $200 today!” and “If you can mail out 100 postcards, you can rich too!” COME ON PEOPLE!
It is really irritating that there are so many people out there trying to take advantage of “newbies” that are just trying to make it online. Sure, there are folks that want to make the quick buck without doing any work, and in my opinion if you’re going to be that lazy then by all means, throw your money away on one of these scams. But if you really want to try and succeed in something you are passionate about, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, blogging, writing, etc. then there is work involved. There is no easy way.
Of the programs that I have been a part of or purchased, nothing has made me rich overnight. What usually happens is there are a few golden nuggets of information in them and I just use those to continue to do what I already do. There is nothing wrong with that. It’s all about learning your niche, ways to drive traffic, and then providing people with information and help that they can really use.
People will listen to you if you know what you’re talking about and can provide them information that will help them succeed. It just gets frustrating when my feed is full of crap that it makes me think the real opportunities are getting lost, and that’s a bad thing.
This is just be complaining. 🙂 I want to make sure that if you are new to the business to please, please, please watch out for things that sound too good to be true, because they definitely are!
Put your nose to the grindstone, find something you are passionate about and like to talk about and talk about it to people who have the same interest. Please don’t take the easy way out. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. 🙂
Have a great day!
Happy Thursday! Honest Housewife here!
So you all know I started about 6 years ago in Internet Marketing. Like every newbie I wanted things to happen overnight. 🙂 There are tons of programs that claim they can make you a gazillionaire overnight but believe me, NONE OF THEM ARE TRUE! I fell for quite a few of them and I’m not saying they are scams, I’m just saying it is nearly impossible to make money overnight. There is a learning curve with everything, even if you are a seasoned marketer.
Most marketers that come out with all these products already have huge email lists, tons of Twitter followers and a bunch of friends on Facebook. What they don’t tell you is that if you don’t already have these things, it’s going to take some time to build those bases in order to market to them.
So in my early journey I went for the Fiverr gigs that promised 10,000 Twitter followers in 2 minutes, blah, blah, blah. LOL! Sounded good right? Wrong! 10,000 visitors to your site for $5! Simple right? Wrong! Most of those people are sending bot traffic to your site which means they aren’t real people and do not help you at all. Those 10,000 Twitter followers? They are mostly fake accounts and do absolutely nothing.
What you want is for people to engage in what you have to say/sell, and then pass it onto other people who would be interested. You want to grow your email list with people that like what you have to offer and will use the information that you provide. I know it sounds like common sense, and it is. The problem is that some people get so excited that they think they are going to make a million overnight and then get disappointed when that doesn’t happen and/or they think everything is a scam or everything is crap.
My Twitter account had over 7,500 followers for almost two years. I didn’t engage with them for almost a year and a half and hardly anyone unfollowed me. Hmmmm. Seems strange right? So I decided to check and see what was happening.
I shouldn’t have been surprised but with a little help from ManageFlitter (no this is not an affiliate link 🙂 ) I was able to go through all of my followers and find out what kind of account they had. You can search by spam score, how often they tweet, if they are interactive, if they have never tweeted before, etc. It was a huge eye opener.
After one day of going through my account I found over 7,000 fake accounts that had never tweeted once or only tweeted 2 or 3 times in like five years. Needless to say my Twitter followers significantly decreased to only about 150. LOL! But, those 150 followers are actual people who engage with their followers and provide great info, and surprisingly I have received more actual followers after I did this. I got like 20 new followers overnight. I don’t know if people look at my account and think I don’t have good content because I only have 150 followers, or if they look at it and think she is particular on who followers her or she follows. Either way, I know that I am building a good following of real people who are interested in what I have to say.
In conclusion, use your head and don’t get too wrapped up in the hype when you are starting out online. Yes, it is going to take some time to build up your list, following, etc, but it will be well worth it. I do recommend taking a look at ManageFlitter to see what kind of followers you have and weed out those that are not of any use to you or your business and start engaging and following people that are likeminded and will give you information that you can use and is beneficial.
If you use ManageFlitter let me know what you think. It worked great for me.
P.S. ManageFlitter has a free option and of course paid options but I am not receiving any commissions here. Just wanted to put a good tool out there. 🙂
Enjoy your day!
Honest Housewife here!
If you want good traffic to your website then you really need to target your audience. There is no point having hundreds of visitors to your website every day if they are visitors that have no interest in your site or product at all. Having 10 targeted visitors it better than 100 non-targeted visitors. Non-targeted visitors are not going to buy the products you are promoting. There is a big difference between getting traffic to your site and getting buying traffic to your site.
To get targeted traffic to your website you need an understanding of the demographics and the market that you want to reach. This will take some time and research but it is worth it. You are in the business to make money and taking the time to do your research now will actually save you time in the long term.
When you advertise, always place your advertising on other websites that are specific to the audience you are targeting. Be really selective with the placements of your ads so that you are paying for advertising that is only being shown to people that are interested in your niche. Although being selective with your ad placement will most likely reduce the traffic coming to your site, you will find that your sales will increase.
Be very careful with how you word your advertising. Simple changes to the words or phrases in your ad can make a big difference to the type of traffic you get. Use content that will target those who are interested in your product but will be of no interest to those people who are ‘non-buyers’. Give details of the product so that you are telling your customers exactly what you are offering.
You want to place your advertisements on sites that are content based and have content that is relevant to your niche. People viewing the site are people that will be interested in your product so will click on your ad when they see it. Remember to be specific with the ad content details.
When you are advertising try using different forms of the keywords and phrases and different people will search for the same information by using different words. By targeting an expanded range of keywords and phrases you are gaining rankings for multiple terms which will increase your traffic.
When created your ad try to think like your customer. Ask yourself what would make you click on that ad and then buy your product. When you start thinking like a customer’s you really increase your targeted audience and your sales. If it means that you need to change your advertising approach completely then do it, you need to do whatever it takes to increase your sales.
Don’t use the same old advertising techniques that people have always used. Don’t get stuck in a rut with your advertising. Try something different and tweak your ads until you are getting the results you are looking for.
Let me know your results!
Honest Housewife here!
Whether your business is a strictly online business or an offline business, you need to be using advertising business internet marketing strategies. If you aren’t using the power and enormous potential of the internet to gain attention for your business, why not? After all, your competitors sure are.
Of course, if your business is an online storefront or affiliate marketing business you no doubt already understand how important marketing is to your success. If you aren’t getting the website visitors you need, you can’t make any money and if you don’t make any money, you don’t have a business.
The internet changes quickly. A few years ago no one even knew what Twitter was. Today many savvy business owners, both online and off, have come to rely on the tweet as a way to build rapport with their customers as well as add new customers.
Finding the best methods for advertising business internet marketing is another issue all together. There are many ways you can market your business using the internet, and as I said above, new ones come around all the time. To really get the most out of your advertising you will want to create a campaign that encompasses several methods.
To do this, you can either do it yourself or hire a company that specializes in online marketing. Don’t worry if your business is small and you’re just starting out. You can do it yourself if you need to, once you get some money coming in you can then continue to do it yourself and keep more of the money you make, or hire a company to do it for you, the choice is yours.
But with so many choices for online marketing such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), article marketing, banner ads, Pay Per Click (PPC), classified ads, to name just a few, having someone else coordinate it all can free you up to do those things that only you can do, like take your kids to the park!
The really neat thing about many of these online marketing techniques is that many of them are completely free to do. They only require some of your time and for many people who are just getting started, that’s all they can afford.
For those of you who don’t have much money and have to rely solely on sweat equity, your best bet is to focus on one of the methods to start, preferably a free method like SEO or article marketing. Take the time to perfect that method than move on to another.
That is the best way to start generating traffic so you can start making a little money. As your business grows and you are making more money you can hire others to help you out and /or you can move on to other ways of getting traffic that cost money such as PPC and banner ads.
The sooner you implement a sound strategy to
advertising business internet marketing the sooner you can start making more sales and growing your business. Time’s a wasting!
Enjoy your day!
6 Ways How You Can Use PLR Articles To Drive Traffic To Your Website And Boost Your Internet Marketing Business
Private Label Rights (PLR) content is very popular on the internet today. PLR content is written by a ghostwriter and sold to other people to use as they wish.
PLR e-books, reports or articles are special type of license which you purchase where you are lawfully allowed to edit and publish the article as your own. Because you have the right to edit the article as you wish, it means that you can use it as web content on your site or add your links to your website and distribute it.
Below are some key ways you can use PLR content to drive traffic to your website and boost on internet marketing profits.
- Boost your article writing and submitting using some PLR content. All you need to do is to simply edit the PLR articles and customize them to make them your own. Using PLR articles saves you a lot of time in writing your articles. By using a PLR article, you can improve it and end up with a powerful article that will drive traffic to your website.
- Increase your sales by developing your reputation as an expert in your niche. PLR articles make it so much easier for you to quickly build your reputation as an expert. Pass on some of the PLR content to your customers and build their trust. You can then make some one-time-offers or recommend some of your affiliate programs to them, thereby generating some sales.
- Improve your search engine rankings by submitting your customized articles. By submitting articles with your resource box and URL, you basically create one way links to your website, which helps with search engines.
- Create and market information products using your PLR content. Edit and customize PLR articles and compile them into an e-book or special report. It takes time to write an e-book, and it can also be costly if you were to hire a ghostwriter. You can therefore use PLR articles or e-books and add more value to them to create hot-selling e-books. You can sell these reports or give them for free on your website. When you give these articles for free, you can include your website URL in them. This in turn will drive traffic to your website.
- Use PLR content to provide an e-course or offer a newsletter. Building a list is very important in internet marketing, and you can use PLR content to offer an e-course on your web site. You can send regular emails to your list with a link to your website, and this increases the number of people who visit your website. Keep your list interested by regularly supplying them with useful content. As you know, your list is an important aspect of your business. You can send these PLR articles to your list in your niche on a regular basis. This will make them visit your site on a regular basis.
- Create your own article directory in your niche using PLR content to improve the search engine optimization of your website. You can also add affiliate links or Google AdSense on your article directory, thereby increasing your website traffic and profits.
PLR content can be used to drive traffic to your website and boost your internet business’ profits.
There are several sites out there that offer PLR products. Take a look and see what you can find.
I thought this was a neat article about kids who have become millionaires. Just goes to show you that anyone can make money online if they work hard and believe in themselves. Take a look below.
Have a great day!
“Say what you will about the entitled group of teen millionaires in Hollywood or music, but there are a few things you can’t help but admire about kids who”
Hey! Honest Housewife here!
When people are starting their online businesses, they need to drive traffic to their websites. However, in most cases, people do not have the money to pay for advertising.
There are many ways to driving traffic to a website, depending on your budget and the time you have available to work on building your online business.
These are some of the most powerful and low cost ways to generate traffic to your website.
1. Offer free reports and content. Giving away some freebies and including your website URL in those freebies is an effective and low cost way of building traffic to your website. You can write some useful short reports with your website link in them and offer those reports for free on a website where you ask visitors to leave their email address before they download the free reports or articles. This means you can give away the report with your URL and also build a list.
2. Blog. Blogging is a very effective way of building traffic to your website. On your blog, you can discuss your website’s products and services, and add some links to your website. You can also answer any questions your prospects and customers may have. By blogging regularly, you will have fresh content that will get your website indexed by search engines and rank high on these search engines. This in turn increases traffic to your website.
3. Publish your own newsletter. Having your own newsletter where you offer free tips and content on a regular basis can help to increase traffic to your website. Your newsletter will have links to your website, so many people who will read your newsletter will also visit your website.
4. Start a forum related to the products or services you sell on your website. By having a forum on your niche, you establish yourself as an authority in your topic. By answering questions and helping people in your niche on your own forum, you drive traffic to your website since you will have your website URL in your signature in the forum posts.
5. Exchange links with websites that have high popularity (PR) rank. All you need to do is to find websites that are related to what you offer on your website and exchange links with these sites. This is particularly effective if the websites have high popularity rank on search engines. By doing this, some traffic will come to your website through the websites you are linked to.
These are the low cost ways you can use start driving traffic to your website. More traffic means more sales and profits for your online business.
As you probably know, having traffic is very important for your website if you want to successfully earn money online. You can drive traffic to your website using a wide range of tools.
Among all the different ways of driving traffic to your website, writing and submitting articles remains the most powerful tool for increasing your web site traffic and boost your sales and online profits.
So why is writing and submitting articles so powerful in driving traffic to your website?
1. Articles help you become an expert in your niche. By writing high quality and informative articles in your niche, you become an expert. You also build trust and confidence in your prospects. As an expert, customers will feel confident to buy from you and this will increase your sales and online business profits.
2. Articles are an affordable way of driving traffic to your website. You can write your own articles or you can hire a ghostwriter to write some articles for you, and this is not very expensive. You can then submit your articles to many directories. There are some tools that you can use to automatically submit your articles to many directories, and this increases the number of links pointing back to your website.
3. Articles are viral and powerful in driving traffic to your website. At the bottom of all your articles, you have a resource box with your website URL. Your articles will be published by many directories, websites and e-zines with your website URL. By simply writing articles and submitting articles, you create a powerful viral power with many websites having your website URL on their sites.
4. Articles bring life long results and will continue to drive traffic to your website for a long time. Unlike other types of advertising that bring momentary results, articles will continue to drive traffic to your website for a long time. All your articles are archived in article directories and that means anyone can still read them and visit your website. Your articles can generate thousands of permanent one-way links to your website.
5. Articles make search engines index your website and drive traffic to your website. Writing and submitting many articles to article directories is very powerful in making your website visible on search engines. By including your keywords in your articles, when people are looking for information related to your niche and type those keywords, your articles and website show up on search engines, therefore making it easy for you to get a lot of traffic on your website.
Although there are many tools for driving traffic to a website, articles remain the most powerful tool that brings life long results.